1. Thousands of marine animals and more than 1 million birds die each year as a result of plastic pollution.
2. The United Nations Environment Programme estimates that there are 46,000 pieces of plastic litter floating in every square mile of ocean.
3. Plastic bags are often mistakenly ingested by animals, clogging their intestines which results in death by starvation. Other animals or birds become entangled in plastic bags and drown or can’t fly as a result.
4. Even when they photo-degrade in landfill, the plastic from single-use bags never goes away, and toxic particles can enter the food chain when they are ingested by unsuspecting animals.
5. Greenpeace says that at least 267 marine species are known to have suffered from getting entangled in or ingesting marine debris. Nearly 90% of that debris is plastic.
So,friends please stop the usage of plastic and educate the other illiterates Not use the plastic….so prefer jute covers than plastic covers…